The Rush for AP Books

Before I start talking about the AP titles that I read, I would like to give an update on my goals for the year.  My current goal is twelve books.  I still think I can achieve it but it will be difficult.  I underestimated the amount of time we had left in the school year.  I did finish the Harry Potter series and now I have three more book to read in only three weeks.  What I decided to do was to read three short AP title books so I can meet my goal.  Most of the Harry Potter books are more than 600 pages which is why I have spent so much time on them.  Hopefully, I can get through these next few books quickly.

The first AP book that I read this semester was Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck.  This was a very good story that is about friendship and loyalty.  In the book, Lenny and George are good friends who go and work on a farm to earn some money.  George cares about fitting in with the rest of the workers and Lenny is having a very difficult time.  Unfortunately, George ends up shooting Lenny at the end of the book which is something he will regret for the rest of his life.  This was a very sad story but it does send a good message.

As I mentioned before, I plan to read three short AP books to meet my goal.  The first book I chose is Catcher in the Rye, which is what I am reading now.  This is a very interesting story, written by J.D. Salinger.  I actually started this book a couple days ago and I am close to finishing it.  The main character is Holden Caulfield, a very interesting person.  This book is about his life and his experiences. Holden is a character who is very opinionated and is quick to judge. In addition, he has so many idiosyncrasies and has a very different personality than most characters I have read about.  Nevertheless, he is still a very interesting person to read about!

Comments

  1. In Catcher of the Rye, what kind of experiences does Holden go through?
    What books do you recommend reading?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said that there is a message that the novel, Of Mice and Men, sends to the readers. What is the message exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book seems very interesting especially since it mentions the loyalty between friends. No one should ever be left out since it harms people negatively. Although I don't know why George shot Lenny, there might've been a good reason.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Half - Blood Princess

What's in my Book?